It is believed as a psychosomatic condition.
- Its exact cause is unknown but it is believed to have psychological or genetic cause.
- Stress is also important precipitating factor.
- Chronic wide-spread pain
- Feeling tired all time in spite of no work
- Low appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Bowel and Bladder abnormalities
- Numbness and tingling sensation
- Cognitive dysfunction like
- Impaired concentration
- Memory loss
- Performance quality decreased
- Inability to multi task
Ayurveda treatment of Fibromyalgia
- Ayurveda believes body and mind is related each other. Diseases affecting mind may affect body and diseases affecting body affect mind.
- First we should think about ‘Nidana Parivarjana’ (Avoidance of causative factors). Anything which effect on mind must be avoided. Ex. Stress/depression/Anxiety/Fear etc. Medicines are available to calm the mind and improve its function.
- Another cause is ‘Aama Dosha’. If food doesn’t digest properly, body can’t get proper nutrition. It makes body lethargic.
- Rasayana (Rejuvenating therapy) can be prescribed in specific condition.
- The important thing which we want to share is Ayurveda medicines work in Psychological or Psychosomatic conditions by Brain activation, while Allopathic medicines work by brain sedation (Most of them are sedatives which causes more depression). So it’s upon you. Choose harmless effective therapy for you.