Combination of both disease Psoriasis and Arthritis develops together in a single person called Psoriatic Arthritis.
As per Modern science, there is no definite reason. It is Auto-immune. They believe it occurs mostly in HLA-B27 tissue type people. In Ayurveda, It is similar to the Vata-Rakta phenomena. It develops due to Vata and Rakta vitiation.
- Excessive intake of Salty, Sour, pungent, alkaline, unctuous, hot food.
- Intake of meat
- Excessive intake of radish, Black gram, leafy vegetables, sugar cane, curd, Alcohol.
- Virudhdha Ahara
- Intake of food before the previous meal is digested.
- Excess anger
- Day time sleep and night time awakening
- Previous injury
- Excessive Swimming and jumping
- Not doing Seasonal Panchkarma
- Suppression of manifested natural urges
- Indulging in sweet food and sedentary life-style
Signs and Symptoms:
- Pain, swelling, or stiffness in one or more joints is commonly present.
- Asymmetrical oligo-arthritis (70%) (Involvement of the distal interphalangeal joints (DIP) is a characteristic feature).
- Burning Sensation in Joint
- Joints are red, Swollen and warm to touch
- Changes to the nails, such as pitting or separation from the nail bed.
- Scaly skin lesions are seen over extensor surfaces (scalp, natal cleft and umbilicus).
- Lower Back Pain
- Vata and Rakta pacifying drugs
- Basti (Medicated Enema) :
- Immunity enhancing drugs
It eradicates root cause of the disease by Bio-purification of the body and provides proper environment to medicines, so they can work fast and better. It makes vitiated blood pure and breaks pathology in the joints.
It removes vitiated blood out of the body, thereby useful in psoriatic Arthritis.
It helps body’s immune system to restore automatically. It acts on both psoriasis and Arthritis.
Combinations of different immunity enhancing herbs like Guduchi, Yastimadhu etc. are prescribed.